Day 14 - Encircling Gratitude Solefully

Friday, October 1, 2010

| | |
*artwork by Douglas Blair - "Barefoot in the rain"*

I knew the day would come when I would go back and change the titles of my daily blogs to something more creative and meaningful. That day would be today, the 2 week anniversary of my journey as I ride the wave of Gratitude. I am happy that I have made it to this day, and I am looking forward to the path that lies ahead of me. If it takes 21 days to create a new habit, then in one more week, my daily writing will be a habit that I shall continue to the end of my journey in the world of illusion and fantasy. Imagine that!

Speaking of habits, I have many things in my life I am trying to change, from my diet to my medications. About 3 months ago, I stopped taking Zoloft, that was the first step back to Joy, because it so numbed my emotions. I had been taking it since I lost my dearest friend almost 2 years ago. I’m not ready to share that story yet, so I’ll save that for another blog. I have also stopped taking Lunesta about a month ago. I am not sleeping as well, but I feel clearer and more focused. My morning fog is gone but not my addiction to caffeine…I so love the strong Irish tea. I have to have one vice or otherwise I would be perfect! Smile…if you knew me you would know that’s so not true.

As far as my diet goes, I have stopped drinking cola’s. I have been drinking them since I was a young child in elementary school. My grandfather would take me to Creamery in Rye and buy Pepsi for me. I have such wonderful memories of him and my grandmother, who would always give me a glass of Coke to soothe my stomach. I think these memories reinforced my addiction to them. I have stopped many times and I know that each time I do, for the first 3 days I am craving it, so I overeat trying to satisfy that needful thirst. I know that I must balance my good feelings, my memories with what is good for my body. I also know I can’t have just one cola, I need more and more. This cycle had to end.

Now I just need to start eating my food in the right combinations to maximize digestion. It’s just so hard to change, but I am working on it and I know I can do it. A few years ago, when I was living in Hawaii, I tried the Akins diet. A couple of things happened, and neither one of them was losing weight. But I was able to sleep and I didn’t have heartburn. I have since learned that my body has problems with sugar, which I have also eliminated. The second thing I learned is a high protein and low carbohydrate diet is another way of eating the correct combination of food.

Today’s message talks about under-standing and connecting feet to earth. I think that once I learned to ‘ground’ I became addicted but this is a good addiction. For me, to imagine that I have roots extending from the souls of my feet deep into the earth is calming and soothing. Then to feel the earth energy flowing into me through the soles of your feet, feeding my soul with magnificent energy is amazing and revitalizing. This is why I so need to get out and connect with nature as often as I can.

As I continue writing through this 42 day journey, the changes and the under-standing occurring through gratitude will make a major difference in my life. From the outer reaches of my soles to the inner expanse of my soul and beyond to infinity, I am gratitude! Today I have received another gift of gratitude as I sole-fully connect to all that is, to Gratitude!

I sole-fully embrace love’s light in Gratitude! I am Marsha!

Day 14 - SOLE GRATITUDE


Note: I have made a commitment to myself to write a blog each day for 42 days based on the 'Go Gratitude' daily blogs written by Stacie Robyn. At the end of each blog I write, there is a link to the corresponding message on Stacie's World Gratitude blog. I appreciate your comments and welcome questions.

0 comments:

Post a Comment