Day 6 - Filling My Cup With Gratitude

Sunday, September 26, 2010

| | |
The image I see in my minds eye when I read “Cup of Life” is a large white tea cup sitting on a saucer with lots of happy people swimming and splashing in the blue liquid in the cup. In this sea of life, the tide ebbs and flows, up and down, back and forth.

For the last several days, I have been so inspired to write, with the words flowing into my mind. Today it’s been difficult, I am not sure why. I’ve felt tired and sleepy and unable to think of something to write about. The days before I felt as if I just didn’t have enough time to get all the words down on the paper. So, today I want to write about the ‘Cup of Life’ and I end up writing about writer’s block!

After reading Day 6, I had to look up the word koans, never heard it before, but without knowing what it means, the meaning of the first sentence is lost. Koan, from Wikipedia, means ‘a fundamental part of the history and lore of Zen Buddhism. It consists of a story, dialogue, question, or statement, the meaning of which cannot be understood by rational thinking but may be accessible through intuition.’

Oh yes, life is a series of streaming koans, stories, dialogues, questions, and statements. And yes, it cannot be understood by rational thinking, only accessible through intuition!!! Isn’t that why we are all here in Earth School, to figure this out?

I believe that if you say a prayer over the water before you drink it, it is blessed; or you can Reiki it. I wonder, if you bless your water filter, will all the filtered water be blessed?

I am the cup, and I choose to be filled with Gratitude. I am Gratitude! I am Marsha!


0 comments:

Post a Comment