Waters of Gratitude

Thursday, March 17, 2011

| | |
When I was little we had a well and the water tasted so clean and pure. I remember never having to worry about having clean water. I can’t say that now. I grew up without fluoride and chlorine in my drinking water. Today it is so difficult for me to drink chlorinated water, I cannot stand the taste or the smell. I always filter my water, but it’s never as good as the water I had as a child.

Water is life, without it none of us would be here. Even though water can be life giving it can also be deadly, as we have seen with the recent tsunami in Japan. Never the less, it is an integral part of our lives, we begin our lives surrounded by water before our birth, and we spend our entire lives dependant upon the waters of life.

So, what if every time I take a shower, I visualize the water as the First Spirit of Life, baptizing and sanctifying my body, my soul, and my dream seeds in my heart and allowing the Spirit to move through me and beyond? Sounds amazing! I will try it…so we shall see.

I am a blooming human! I am Marsha!

We call upon the waters that rim the earth, horizon to horizon, that flow in our rivers and streams, that fall upon our gardens and fields, and we ask that they teach us and show us the way.
- Chinook Indian Blessing

0 comments:

Post a Comment