Day 41 - Musings of Gratitude

Monday, October 18, 2010

| | |
*Artwork by Shawn Gallaway*
Last night I had a difficult time falling asleep, I just could not stop thinking about what I will begin for the next 42 days. There are so many things I want to do. I still have pain in my hand from the carpal tunnel surgery, it’s getting better but ever so slowly. So I have to wonder if I really am ready to do 42 days of sketching. It will happen but maybe not just yet.

I remember years ago when I was much younger I would be so excited to find money left in vending machines or in pay phones. Now I prefer to leave a coin for someone else to find, hoping that when someone finds it they will be as happy as I used to be when I would find a coin. I know it’s just a small thing, but my little random act of kindness brings me great pleasure.

I remember another time when ever I would go shopping at a local grocery store there was a checker who worked there. He always greeted me with such a big smile, it touched my soul. My husband and I had separated at the time and I was deep in the darkness of depression. It was just a little thing but that smile and friendly greeting meant so much to me. As I got better, I noticed that he greeted each of his customers the same way. I never knew his name or spoke more than a few words as he was ringing up my purchases, but I know that he was making a difference in peoples lives. I shall always be thankful for the smile that lit up my darkness. It really is strange that such a little thing as a smile can make a difference in someone’s life, but it does.

I have often wished that I had the gift of music, alas, that will never be in this lifetime. If I try to sing, it comes out wrong. I cannot carry a tune, I’m not sure what is wrong with me. Is this what being tone deaf means? I also have extreme difficulty trying to recognize a song when there are no words. So I wonder, what does it mean for me if “Music [. . .] is the key to unlock the Heart-Door of the Supreme” as Sri Chinmoy says? I enjoy listening to music and even singing along with my favorites but I only do it when I am alone. I’m sure this is a gift to those around me!

‘An Post’ just delivered my gift, This is The Moment!, from Walter Green. Here is the inscription inside.
Dear Marsha,
I was both touched by your amazing life events as well as your profound journey of gratitude. May you find a nugget or two in “This is the Moment” to further enrich your life. Be well and enjoy the moment.
All my best,
WG
I can hardly wait to start reading. In fact I will begin as soon as I get this posted. I am so great’full to Walter and what an amazing gift he has given me. I am truly blessed. I am gratitude!

Opening doors of possibility as I walk my path of gratitude! I am Marsha!

Day 41 - MUSE-I-CALL-YE GRATITUDE

0 comments:

Post a Comment